For a couple of weeks now I’ve been having issues with Feedburner and the Nooshu RSS feed. When I added a post to the blog, Feedburner wouldn’t update; I had some luck with ‘pinging’ Feedburner manually as mentioned in their documentation but having to do this every time isn’t ideal. That method worked a couple of times then also stopped working.
So I tried changing the URL of the feed, maybe that was the problem. Nope that didn’t work either; it would pull in the new feed and the latest posts but then get stuck again. It was only when I noticed a link to Ping and Extended Ping XML-RPC API that it finally clicked; I had disabled XML-RPC on the blog while playing with some of the settings.
Once checked you will see this code added to your WordPress header:
1 <link rel="pingback" href="http://yourblogname.com/xmlrpc.php" />
Now it could be a complete coincidence that it just happened to start working when I enabled XML-RPC, but as long as it works I’ll keep it checked.
Update: Okay, so maybe I spoke to soon, the issue still seems to be occurring quite randomly, I’m thinking it could be a plug-in issue. I’ll update again if I find a solid solution.